A PopClip extension to shorten URLs using Bitly.
The extension defines a single action called "Bitly", which is enabled when the input contains one or more web URLs. The action shortens all the detected URLs using the logged-in Bitly account, and outputs the result to be pasted or copied.
If you try to shorten an already-shortened Bitly link, you'll get an error.
Requires PopClip 2021.11 or above, and a Bitly account.
Implemented using the Bitly public API, documented at https://dev.bitly.com.
The SVG icon is from IconFinder.
v4 — 1 Nov 2021
- Now shortens all URLs detected in the text, instead of just one.
- Changed icon to a Bitly logo.
v3 - 5 Jun 2020
- Updated to fix login failure.
v2 - 7 May 2020
- Updated for Bitly API v4.
v1 - 19 Feb 2013
- Initial release (written in PHP).
- First published
Feb 19, 2013